We Are Here for You
Our mission is to help Church leaders help individuals within their area. With Deseret Industries there are so many ways to make a difference.
- Training - We can work with individuals in our service areas who have a bishop's referral and are in need of work and training.
- Shopping - Our stores offer quality merchandise at a low price for those in need; items are offered at no cost through a bishop's order.
- Donating - Members have the opportunity to donate merchandise to assist the Deseret Industries program.
- Service - Members can volunteer their time and talents to help transform lives as a Church-service missionary or through other volunteer opportunities.
- Articles for Leaders - A series of articles are available to help leaders understand how to help individuals overcome barriers to employment.
Quick Guide for Leaders
What can be donated?
See the Donation Guidelines for a list of items we are able and not able to accept.
Can DI pick up donations if they can't be delivered to a store?
Pick up requests are not available in most locations. Contact your local DI if this service is required. See the donations page for more information about donating to DI.
Who can shop at a DI store?
Everyone is welcome to shop with us. Find a store near you.
How do I give special assistance through DI to an individual or family in need?
Leaders can fill bishop orders with Deseret Industries to help individuals in need of clothing and household goods. In addition, bishops can give a referral for an individual to work with us to learn needed work and life skills.
How do I refer someone to get training at DI?
A bishop can give a referral for services to an individual to take to the local DI location to help determine if this program is the right fit for them.
What are the requirements to qualify for the training program?
Those who have barriers to obtaining and maintaining adequate employment in the community are eligible. Safety and other considerations may be taken into account in determining eligibility. Contact your local store for more information.
Do you need your bishop's approval to volunteer at a store?
A bishop's request is not required. Individuals or groups can contact their local DI to see what volunteer opportunities are available.